About the Chamber
The PennSuburban Chamber of Commerce, formerly the North Penn Chamber of Commerce, has been serving the Montgomery County businesses since 1913. Currently with more than 700 member businesses, the PennSuburban Chamber is among the largest chamber and business organizations in Montgomery County.
The PennSuburban Chamber of Commerce is active with a number of different events each month ranging from community-centric events to educational seminars and business development networking activities. As a community-centric organization, the Chamber hosts many events including an Annual Banquet honoring our local heroes, Community Reading Day and Reading Phillies Day. Additionally, the PennSuburban Chamber has a charitable arm, which gives scholarships to seniors graduating from local high schools.
PennSuburban Chamber Mission Statement
The PennSuburban Chamber of Commerce is organized to preserve and enhance the interests of its members and the business community by improving the general welfare and prosperity of the region.
PennSuburban Chamber History
Organized in 1913, The PennSuburban Chamber of Commerce is one of the oldest chambers in Pennsylvania, the largest chamber of commerce in Montgomery County, and one of the leading business advocates for the business community in the Greater North Penn, Indian Valley Eastern Montgomery and Western Bucks Regions. The Eastern Pennsylvania Business Journal ranked the PennSuburban Chamber as the third largest in the region, based on fiscal budget.
Originally, the PennSuburban Chamber was organized as the Lansdale Board of Trade. The earliest known document in the chamber's possession is a Membership Certificate to the "Lansdale Board of Trade" dated March Nineteenth, 1913, stating that Minna S. Moyer was the 22nd "duly elected member" of the board of trade. Before World War II, the Lansdale Board of Trade assumed the new name "Lansdale Chamber of Commerce." And on October 16, 1963, in recognition of the region it has always represented, the chamber was incorporated under its name, The North Penn Chamber of Commerce. On November 6, 1974, The Internal Revenue Service recognized the chamber as a Not-for-profit organization under Section 501 (c) (6) of the Internal Revenue Code. In 2009, we absorbed the membership of the Suburban Chamber and changed our name from North Penn Chamber to the PennSuburban Chamber of Commerce. Our strategic partnership with the Skippack Business Alliance and our new membership base allowed us to expand our service area, which extends from Skippack to Willow Grove.